Old 03-06-2021, 03:22 AM   #42
Red-86

Drives: 86 (sold), 370Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
There is demand, but apparently the bean counters think the demand isn’t worth the effort. This is why the C8 has no manual option.
Same as the Supra, Toyota decided the extra cost and development of offering a manual wasn’t justified in potential sales.

Quote:
Sometimes they don’t know demand exists like Porsche with the 911R and manual GT3 variants.
Those are quite special cars and low volume. The bulk of Porsches sold over the last decade have been PDK, even when manuals were offered.

Quote:
Ford has eliminated sedans because they say there isn’t enough demand, but they sold more sedans than many vehicles that still exist.
I think Ford, like many makers, just wants to get out of making cars so that they can focus on the dominant market segments, SUVs/crossovers and pickup trucks. Rationalising this way, reducing the volume of models you make and therefore reducing complexity, can make hard nosed business sense. Just a shame for those who still want a sedan, hatchback or coupe. At least the Mustang still lives... for now.

Quote:
EVs are doing well.
In some markets. It varies from country to country based on charging infrastructure, prices, and local incentives. Here in Australia the lack of rapid charging stations, lack of govt incentives to go electric, and range anxiety combined with the still very high price of electric cars, mean they make up a pittance of this market. I don’t see it changing within 5 years unless the govt changes their mind and really gets behind electric, including massive subsidies and infrastructure.

Quote:
I do agree that no one is really complaining or demanding a change outside of a small set of vocal enthusiasts. It’ll be the same with sedans when they eventually dwindle. It’ll be the same with ICE when they go. It’ll be the same when they mandate autonomous driving and no one is allowed to drive for themselves. The only ones complaining will be a small percentage of vocal enthusiasts.
This. Most people welcome the day their full autonomous electric crossover will relieve them of all driving responsibilities. Majority of people won’t miss ICE, manuals, low riding sporty cars, or driving. Just that tiny subset of enthusiasts, and I don’t think we will be profitable enough to justify the common brands making cars for us. You’ll still be able to get something sporty, but it will a premium product at a premium price.
Red-86 is offline   Reply With Quote