diss7
Banned

Drives: AE86, 2x GT86, TE27
Thanked 1,179 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
The stock ECU tune has a big hysteresis value. Depending on the rev limiter that is active, it's either 200 or 350rpm. Which means that the rev limiter kills the engine at the higher RPM value and then doesn't enable it until it drops to the low rpm value. This causes a rather lazy rev limiter behavior.

To fix it, all you need to do is set the ON and OFF RPM very close to each othern (with 50RPM). Or even set them to the same value. This will make the rev limiter softer and more usable. I suspect the calibration team at Subaru decided to set up the stock rev limiter to be feel violent so that it wouldn't encourage drivers to stay up there

FWIW, in our off-the-shelf Openflash maps we reduce hysteresis to 150RPM. Easy to change if you want something softer.
Is there anyway I can change this on my setup, with some downloadable software? I already have a flash and a cable, as I've gone FI recently.

Don't really want to have to go into the dealer to make these adjustments; if that is what you're suggesting; which I'm fairly sure you aren't.
diss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diss7 For This Useful Post:
Shim (09-17-2013)