View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 01:23 AM   #1981
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
That knock correction you're getting at roughly 3200-3600 RPM and 0.6 load -- have you figured out what that is? I've got similar knock at the same load ranges. Looks like it happens twice on your log, once was -0.7 degrees KC and the other was -2.8 degrees KC.

On my logs, here is one large KC event that caused IAM to drop to 0.88:

https://datazap.me/u/darksunrise/202...zoom=6097-6225

I cut about 4-5 degrees of timing from the base timing there and that helped, but still occasionally see knock there:

https://datazap.me/u/darksunrise/202...4&zoom=621-923

I doubt it's false knock since it happens at a specific load and RPM range, but seems odd to me that it would knock like that on E85.

Also are you using a catted header?

I've been hunting down the cause of that knock for years, bro.. Chalk it up to "phantom knock". Although I've found that a catted front pipe vs a straight one, the catted OE pipe will always register less amount of knock correction at the .6 load area in the sub 3600rpm range. I'm not sure if you recall. That "knock" only happens half the time that I hang the load and RPM's in that load and rev range. pretty much 50/50. Half the time it does nothing. Same on petrol. I haven't hooked up knock ears to it, since I dont have much experience with them. If you're worried, maybe give that a shot and see if that help you correctly categorize whatever it is thats is triggering the sensors.

Besides the original equipment that come on the car. I've ran 3 separate catless headers. If a 17 up header falls in my lap, I will likely develop a flex fuel tune for it.

I think cams might have something to do with it. Loose exhaust components will obviously exacerbate the problem. (thats from experience)

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solidONE For This Useful Post:
DarkSunrise (01-29-2021)