Old 12-22-2019, 08:11 PM   #7
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
Xmas music is mostly just garbage. If it weren't, it would be played year round. You'd be at a barbecue in July and think, man, I'd really like to hear Jingle Bells right now. Nobody ever thinks that.

If you doubt it, try this: At your next summer gathering, start playing Xmas music and see how quickly people ask you to turn that shit off.

I listen to XM all day while I'm working and driving. They must have a dozen stations playing all Christmas crap. I wouldn't care, except they run promos for these crap channels in every fucking commercial break on every other channel. They actually started running spots for Xmas music on the goddamned Hallmark channel in October.
I could live with it for a month or so if it weren't for the fact it is the same 20 songs over and over again. Sure some of the songs are done by different people but it still gets old fast. I have an annual Christmas season ritual of counting how many times I hear Santa Baby over the period. So far I am up to 66 times in a month. Even my vary favourite songs would be wearing thin if I heard them 3 times a day. Every day. No matter where I went.
Dadhawk (12-23-2019), extrashaky (12-22-2019), Hoahao (12-23-2019), soundman98 (12-22-2019), why? (12-23-2019)