Old 01-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #13
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust View Post
What questions do you have about the GReddy and Blitz kit?
My main questions would be to just outline the differences and similarites between the kits, as they seem similar (and are similar in price), however for example it looks like although the Greddy still requires cutting the crash beam, it is much less intrusive than the Blitz kit in that regard.

I DD my car in heavy traffic and will be at auto-X's regularly in the summer months, so heat management is important to me with these front mounted turbos as well (I'd probably go with the jackson racing dual rad/oil cooler due to it being thermostatic, so my oil warms up quicker in the winter months where it can reach below -20C). The heat management issue is what is pushing me towards the PTuning kit. Yet, the higher cost of that kit given my modest power goals (250-275ish whp on 94 oct) and the fact that I'd most likely have to drive down to their shop in the US to get the job done right is a bit of a deterrent.

Tuning is a whole other can of worms all together, as at least on the surface there doesn't seem to be a huge local scene of tuners with experience on the 86 platform in Toronto, although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Additional question, with Greddy's new intercooler routing for their Garrett GTX kit, would it require cutting the crash bar at all?

Thanks!