Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,001 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 View Post
Thank you! To address the aftermarket part thing, I think there is a misconception where people are thinking I’m saying the mods solidify the value of the car. I’m using the mods as an example of what I can SELL to regain money I spend on the car. I’m swapping my parts over from my 13’ FRS.

Here is a photo of the car at auction before it was repaired.
That's a pretty light hit and a fairly simple repair. Now you know where to inspect.

Pretty good read for you here: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143603
I've rebuilt quite a few twins, and when repaired properly there is no difference due to the title designation. Just make sure the title is not a Certificate of Destruction title and you should be good.

We just finished up a Series.Blue as well...https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...133231&page=17

As far as the damage in the picture, the main structural parts to look at are the frame rails (they run alongside the engine (both sides) and connect to the bumper beam), should be straight and parallel with each other, no buckles or bends in the metal. Then the A-frame part that runs from the chassis to the strut supports (see red triangle in pic). Everything above the bumper beam/frame rails and in front of the A-frame portion are impact absorbtion points and are not structural. You can remove the right front wheel well liner and see if that A-Frame has any signs of damage.
Attached Images

Lonewolf (01-31-2021), soundman98 (01-29-2021)