Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Clearly, the vast majority of people buying trucks aren't needing trucks for truck features. .
I guess it boils down to "so what?". I really don't see or understand your point here. As I said, people buy what people buy for the reasons they buy them, and none of that really matters in the end.

Every vehicle has "features" people don't use to their fullest. Heck, I don't think my passenger side window has ever been in anything but the up position (with the exception of when the door is opened and closed). I also don't "need" electric windows for that matter but there they are.

Where is your "break even" point on when someone should buy a function because they occasionally need it?

I do agree that trucks may be the "killer app" for EVs, bringing more into the fold. But, that is because it's the vehicle people want.

As far as the "most people could live with an EV", well most people buy vehicles for the 20% need not the 80%. If you can only afford one, or even two, cars you are going to buy the car you can take summer vacation in, not the one that you need to drive to work every day. Bottom line is people that own cars don't rent cars for special purposes unless forced to do so (flying to a new town on vacation/business/etc).

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-03-2021), Wally86 (06-03-2021), WildCard600 (06-03-2021)