Old 09-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #22
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzky View Post
So the problem is occurring because of the redesign? I'm not even really sure what the problem is. I just read somewhere in these forums about valves and the service manager said the same to me, which is the word they received from Toyota. I have no choice, really, but to go along for this ride. I just hope it's not a bumpy one and that I get my car back in the perfect working order. It sucks to think I paid and only a few months later, I get a refurbished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzky View Post
This was my thought, too. Someone also brought this up in the other thread that this may be just a bad batch. I believe someone wanted to compile build dates with VINs to see what we come up with. I get this feeling my car (or our cars with these problems) were "built/assembled on a Friday afternoon". Lol.
Not because of any redesign, I was simply saying this motor is not the same from 2013 and 2014, so many changes people don't even notice, for instance my 2015 have completely different coil packs and wiring harness for them than 2013-2014.

This issue effecting your car was a production line issue, either someone had the wrong setting on one of there machines to torque down the valves or something similiar to that.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Seanzky (09-09-2018)