View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #60
JusTheG

Drives: 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5L Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
Yeah, I've always liked the BRZ grille over the FRS/86. I felt it had a more aggressive look to me in some way, I just liked it. Especially when 17+ was released. The smile doesn't bother me at all if it is done properly, and the 17+ make that very clear. It's just the overall styling that's important, and I'm still having trouble getting used to this new BRZ front bumper. At this point, I feel like if I ever get used to it, it's only because I forced myself to lol.

What bothers me most is how far it protrudes, like it is stretched or something. The nose also dips low, which looks a little odd to me as well. I believe the side vents don't help at all either, as the 86's styling on that is much preferred for the 22.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the face lift on the new BRZ (if it ever comes and is better designed).
I have to agree with most people here that the styling on the front bumper is a bit polarizing but I still like the BRZ design over the GR86 one for staying true to what the First Gen was like design wise. I like what they did on the side vents for the GR86 bumper but maybe we'll see some interesting front bumper designs in the aftermarket. I wouldn't hold out for a Facelift of the BRZ as Suppliers are definitely not wanting to do contracts for 1 year of tooling to then replace everything for the OEM unless they have a major incentive. If the ICE car market is going to be hanging on into 2028-2030, then it might be possible for a Refresh but even then I do not recommend holding onto that idea.
JusTheG is offline   Reply With Quote