View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #79863
Atmo

Drives: TBA
Thanked 1,123 Times in 586 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm good with long haul commercial flights. The irony is that TSA and other regs we have to comply with like arriving two hours before departure usually don't apply to those making the rules who fly on private or government jets. That gives them more time to lecture us about our carbon emissions after they land at their private FBO.

I have enough miles to get upgrades where the main benefit is early boarding and first dibs on overhead storage. Sometime I'll even get two bags of peanuts.

Besides all of the ground insults, the final straw is them walking about the cabin schlepping rental DVD players with some kind of movie you'd never watch at home like a full length Disney cartoon.

All this has led to a resurgence in private small jet and turboprop sales, charters, fractional ownership and business use. Many small jet manufacturers have wait lists of a year or more. Even the single engine pressurized market is gaining strength with enough new safety features like nearly autonomous flight to please the CEO's and insurers.

I reinstated my Commercial/Instrument/Multi ticket but it wound up costing a fortune to stay proficient, different than staying current, so let it lapse but am thinking about activating it again. A friend is looking for a partner in his SR-22 (parachute plane with deice). There are some scenic islands less than two hours flight time away up in Puget Sound.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atmo For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-04-2021), soundman98 (08-04-2021), Spuds (08-04-2021)