View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
subyota

Drives: Stage IV '03 WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
Judging in the UFC has become very suspect lately. First Shogun gets robbed of a victory over machida in a fight that everyone agrees Shogun clearly dominated and then another controversial call last night with coture at UFC 105.

I don't know how someone wins a fight by just holding an opponent against the fence the entire fight. Besides one or two decent flurries at the start of the third round couture did absolutely nothing in that fight. Vera scored all of the major damage and it could be argued that round two might have even been a 10-8 round as Couture was badly hurt, turned his back and fell to the ground, Vera jumped on him with the fight almost being stopped. Round three, in my book, was an even round as Couture had the early flurries and then Vera hurt him again with the liver kicks plus vera got the takedown and the mount.

The fight should have been scored a draw. Round 1 Couture, Round 2 Vera, Round 3 even. Coture did nothing to really win the fight. Octagon control is BS and shouldn't even be part of the scoring criteria.

They need to bring in judges that actually know about MMA instead of these boxing transplants. And speaking of Boxing, UFC is starting to become just as shady when there is a close fight the judges magically score it for the favorite. I call shenanigans by Zuffa.

i know what u mean, the judging needs to be overhauled but i also think they should do something like pride and implement penalty cards for fighters who just stall. at least this would get rid of the lay 'n pray and now wall 'n stall fighters.

if randy couture wins one more fight, dana will give him an instant title shot guaranteed!
subyota is offline   Reply With Quote