Thread: Opticoat?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #12
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Big thanks to all for your advice, suggestions and opinions. It sounds like Opticoat is exactly what I am looking for. My goal is simply to minimize the time required to keep the car clean and the paint protected from the usual bird crap, acid rain, tar, bugs, etc. I appreciate the argument that frequent polishing and waxing can accomplish much the same but the only reason I'm even considering Opticoat is to reduce all that labor time. The older I get the easier I like things and the easier it is to afford them that way. Some of you will understand that now and others probably will someday.

The owner of On the Spot is an authorized Opticoat Pro installer and told me that the price is set by Optimum. He would be installing the commercial formula not the $80 consumer grade formula. From what I've read on the subject, the consumer formula is more diluted to permit longer working time and subsequently forms a thinner layer than the lifetime warrantied commercial formula. How true any of this is I can't begin to speculate on.

BTW, I checked on the Opticoat website and Opticoat Pro is listed at $395 just for the application. Warranties are available up to lifetime (if applied to car less than 1 year old).
Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote