View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #16
Kilfer

Drives: Whiteout 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I did my driver's ed in a manual, you can schedule a 1-2 hour session for <$200 locally (found one for $80/hour not sure if they do MT though), just google driver's ed and give them a ring, you may even be able to use it to reduce your insurance rates as many companies give a discount to people who regularly take defensive driving courses. As long as you're not trying to do burnouts, hard launches, speed shifts, engine braking at 7,000+ rpm, or riding the clutch without some experience you won't damage a modern transmission.

It's perfectly fine to want an Auto and have an auto and enjoy an auto, but if you always wait 'till tomorrow to do something or 'next time' you'll never ever do it.

Besides, a $200 drivers course is still cheaper than $1,000 to 'upgrade' to the AT.
Hm, I always seemed to hear the horror stories of inexperienced people burning the clutch and spending thousands to replace the part. Either way, I'll look into classes or ask around, it seems like a lost art these days XD.
Kilfer is offline   Reply With Quote