View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #12
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Keenercarguy this is not what you want to hear, but for aggressive road use I think you'd be better served with the RCE 'Yellows' you currently have paired with Bilstein B6 dampers and camber bolts. It's a flexible system that will work really well on the street and take you a long way when you add camber plates and rear lower control arms at a later date if you decide to compete again.

That said, if you're dead set on getting coilovers I'd suggest the RCE Tarmac 2s from your list of choices - they're a true two-way damper that everyone seems to really like.

Another option is to buy this guy's MCS singles:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119292

I own a set, so I speak from personal experience - these are serious coilovers that offer exceptional damping and wheel control, can be converted to two-way units in the future, are fully rebuildable, and are supported by a company that really stands behind their products. I bought mine secondhand and Lex Carson at MCS had me send him mine, ran them on a dyno, tore them down, inspected everything, replaced anything that was worn, and charged them with nitrogen at no cost to me whatsoever. I'm not saying that he'll do the same for you or for anyone else, but my experience with MCS has been epic. If you do buy them, I'd suggest replacing the rear shock mounts and I personally don't like that he's running H&R rear springs, even though his rates front and rear will likely work really well for you (I run square Swift 8K springs, but I'm on Maxxis RC-1s). You'll be astounded at the comfort and ride quality, and for the street you may find that you can stick with the factory anti-roll bars - I did. If you have any questions about the MCS units, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited by RJasonKlein; 07-07-2017 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Corrected a typographical error.
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RJasonKlein For This Useful Post:
ApexEight (07-07-2017), jmark (07-07-2017), Keenercarguy (07-07-2017), Whooosah (07-07-2017)