View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
Keenercarguy
Mountain Runner

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile Upgrading from RCE Yellow AutoX setup to coilovers... questions

So I'm no longer the AutoX chair for the biggest collegiate sports car club in the nation... and now my job means that (for a while) I won't be able to track or AutoX. However, I'm making really good money and will be overhauling the car. I'm getting a JR supercharger in the next couple months but I want to upgrade my suspension first. My options are, in order of preference (currently, feel free to sway my opinion... with science, not mere conjecture):

HKS Hypermax SP (the more aggressive ones, height and damping adjustable): ~$1600 with camber plates included

Ohlin's Road and Track's: ~$2125 + TBD camber plates ($350ish?)
>do these even come with camber plates? How many clicks are they adjustable? Honestly I have had more trouble finding concise information in these than I should...
About tied with:
RCE Tarmac 2's plus TBD camber plates: ~$2650

Am I missing any good options in this range? My commute to work is 16 miles of pristine curvy canyons so I have no intention of skimping on suspension.
Do any of these options require adjustable end links for lowering (only intending on going down about 1.1"-1.3" from stock, or .2"-.4" lower than the RCE yellows. I'm also probably going to swap up to RCE hollow swaybars IF I CAN FIND A FREAKING SET IN STOCK... any setup I get will also be corner balanced and set up to my preferred alignment specs.
I'll be running 235/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Z2 star specs as my tires (maybe 245/40/17's in the rear when I add a supercharger) half the year, and AS3s' or performance snow tires the other 4-6 months.
Suspension engineers, lend me your wisdom.
Please tag or quote me in responses so I make sure to check them
Thanks!