View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #122
steverife

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Are you sitting super straight up or something? That sounds like the case if your helmet is touching the latches.

On stock seats, I would sit pretty far back to avoid my knees hitting the wheel, and could then lean the seat all the way back till my arms couldn't reach the wheel anymore.

With my bucket seat bolted to the floor pan directly, I could sit up with a helmet on and there would still be a few inches to the roof. I had it tilted backwards as far as it would go, and my knees still cleared the steering wheel despite my legs being pretty long.

On a S2000 with stock seats, the top of the windscreen is more in my face, though I think I could squeeze a helmet under the roof without touching. On a Miata, I think a helmet would definitely touch because the seat doesn't go far back enough for me to lean it backwards. I can fit in the passenger seat of a Miata because I can sit further forward, giving me space to lean the seat back.
I honestly think the car would have been a lot more comfortable were I taller. Same for a Miata. For me to be really comfortable with the pedals and the steering wheel, I have my knees jammed up against the dash. An S2000 is FAR more comfortable for me.
steverife is offline   Reply With Quote