View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 07:19 AM   #34
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
@reeves: Are you using the factory suggested 2.4 bar tire pressure? Try a smaller one. It should help a bit.
Thanks nikitopo, but there's a slim to none chance I'm putting the Continentals back on my rears. I'm driving with them on the fronts right now (worn Michelins in the rear) and they don't cause the nannies to light up anymore. As soon as I decide what Michelins to replace them with, they're coming off for good.

I can't imagaine a few psi making much difference, however. Or maybe I've just been spoiled by the Michelins. I've had my A/S 3 tire pressure drop to 22-24 psi last winter before the warning light came on.. Didn't even realize I'd been driving around with low tire pressure for a few weeks up to that point. I inflated them back up to 40 psi for a while just to even out the tire wear. Never had any issues with the nannies once however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
I wouldn't say these tires are bad, there are some people running DWS 06 on our cars.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...80&postcount=2

Here's a video of this guy running those tires (Description)
9:45 and 11:30 you can see this guy playing around with it

People here also run the same tires and have no issues (370Z, Camaros, Mustangs) all RWD there's also a lot of construction here in our area as well.

I saw someone else in this thread say they had the same problem, but also he/she has 2 different tires on the car, you should try running a set of 4 and let us know if you have any more problems hopefully it'll change your mind.
Alltezza, I wouldn't say these tires are bad either... on 'normal' roads. What I'm describing only happens over unusually rough or broken pavement.

FYI, notice in the video he's got the traction control turned OFF.
I noted in my first post the issue goes away when you have the nannies disabled, but I'd prefer not to daily drive my car like that.

If I've never had any experience with a particular tire before, I always only buy 2 tires to 'test' them first. If I don't feel confident with them on my rears, there's no way I'm buying 2 more for the fronts.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote