View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
Ocean-Grown 86
It was fun

Drives: Dirty FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Any wisdom from IS300 owners? How bout Miata or S2000 owners?

Due to some complicated circumstances (that I would rather not discuss), as well as after a reassessment of my life's priorities, I'm considering getting rid of my Scion FR-S. Too bad really, since I really do love this car as it has perfectly suited my each and every need. It's very rewarding to drive hard, yet was easy enough for me to learn real car control on. Now though, I need to move forward in life so, I'm considering replacing my FR-S with an IS300. As a driver, I would prefer an S2000 but it's just too impractical. Thus, I figured something like an IS300 would make a happy medium.

My question is: for those who have owned or own an IS300 and an FR-S, how do the two compare as far as driver's cars and as an overall ownership experience? How about running costs? Aftermarket parts and support? Is it easy to work on? I do plan on dealing with most of the maintenance in classic DIY fashion.
Any insight will be appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Out of curiosity, if there are any previous or current s2000 or Miata owners, please chime in on your thoughts! Much appreciated!

Last edited by Ocean-Grown 86; 08-21-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Ocean-Grown 86 is offline   Reply With Quote