View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #7969
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
Thanks, this is good to know. Yeah I'm on the equivalent of 94 pump (98 octane here).

Perhaps its something I will have to learn to live with (like I have been)
and accept as the way the car is.
I suppose we just need to determine if are both experiencing the same thing. I would consider the stutter 'fairly rough' compared to the stock car, but I don't feel as though the car has a big problem or any serious issue... there is just a noticable glitch/stutter/notch as i accelerate at mild-medium pace from 2k to 3.25k when running pump gas. I usually can feel 3 to 4 'bumps' (stutters) consistently in that spot. When the car is cold it is worse -- the acceleration is lurchy, and it just doesn't feel good until its warm.

The problem for me, is that I've run E85 for the last 10 tanks. I had to switch back to 93 for some long highway driving about 3 tanks ago, and man, it felt really rough in comparison to the smoothness of the E85 (which feels smoother than stock, in a serious way). I thought to myself 'Hmm... if I ever run into a spot where I can no longer run E85, i'll have to sell this kit and go a different direction' -- That's how disappointing it felt after having run E85 for so long.

So overall, you can definitely get used to it, and most of it is probably normal (tune might be able to improve some of it)... just realize that if you run E85 you may not be able to go back
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote