Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazio View Post
I was just browsing your site! It seems chapters are missing from the damper series, which I otherwise enjoyed...
Yeah we need to add those to the site! I changed the way I put those articles together, and it takes me some time to upload to the website. All of them are on our Apex Files instagram (linked in our signature below). But yes that's my project over the holidays.

Quote:
Not to question of it's justified, what goes into the price increase over the SS1 kit?
Big part of that is the rear top mounts being included, but it's also been a significant investment in development, using the KW 7 post shake rig, track time, etc. to really dial these in for a level up in performance.

Quote:
Why does the more "track focused" kit have a smaller lowering range?
It's the same and I should change that on the website. We don't recommend slamming a track focused car (most of the time)...25 to 30mm is the right spot.

Quote:
Why do you list the spring rates of some kits in US Customary Units and others in metric?
If it were up to me imperial units wouldn't exist anywhere in the world. But Myles (owner) prefers imperial. So it looks like it's switching back to imperial lol.

Quote:
Why have the damping adjustment be rebound only, rather than a combination of compression and rebound?
When you only have 1 knob, we prefer it to be rebound only. We don't always want to change compression damping when we change rebound and the adjustment ends up being more precise when we only adjust 1 instead of both at the same time. If you have to choose 1, you choose rebound.

Quote:
How/why do the SS1s have more compression travel than stock? Do the SS2s?
Our coilovers are designed with a shock body that is designed to be lower than stock from the start...you can see how the body extends down below the lower mount. This in conjunction with the lowering style camber plate which extends the upper mounting point higher means more room for things to come together. So even when lower the stock, you have the compression travel. Factory shocks have plenty of droop travel, but are limited in compression travel (plus use a longer bumpstop).

Same total travel for SS1 and SS2.

Quote:
What are the servicing requirements? Warranty?
3 year warranty. Good thing about KW dampers is they last a long time and are very durable. With more track time comes more frequent rebuilds, but we still see people getting 50k miles and more out of well worked RCE SS1 and RCE Tarmac 2s.

Quote:
Thanks!
Anytime. We pride ourselves on being available and responsive. Sometimes we do things like have both metric and imperial units on our website but you can reach us by phone almost anytime, 7 days a week or just PM me.

Apologies if I explained any of that poorly.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
Spawn_Of_Creation (12-20-2022)