View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 03:09 PM   #4008
TwinFTW

Drives: 17 BRZ w/PP & 08 STI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry for the long post.

TLDR: I’m starting to think about prioritizing a differential upgrade, but I could do many other things for differential upgrade type money... Should I be looking into a differential for tight technical B roads fun? Other setup suggestions or cheaper mods to chase first? I’m putting the question here since there is very good setup advice in this thread that I’ve already benefited from.

Details:

I’ve put 4,000 canyon carving miles on my new to me Performance Pack BRZ in 5 months of ownership. It has become my pandemic escape driving car.

Very tight technical “B road”s are my favorite type of driving and are most of those 4,000 miles..

My main gripe is battling with uphill 1st and 2nd gear hairpin traction on exit. My favorite road has multiple switchback/ tighter horseshoe sections with 3-4 hairpins a piece that fry my diff fluid. It is frustrating constantly battling with spinning the inner rear wheel in these sections.

I’ve also briefly considered shifter and driveline bushings, I wouldn’t mind a more solid/heavy shifter feel as stock is very light. However, I do love the nimble without being overly harsh ride that the stock bushings on the performance pack provide.

Current setup:
Maxed out front camber to -2.7(offset top hats and camber bolts), -1.5 camber in the rear

Ducted Greddy oil cooler from CSG.

Recently switched the factory diff fluid to Motul 300LS to see if it would help... seems to possibly fry a little less in terms of duration but smells worse then the factory fill, and hasn’t made much of a dent in my problem.

I’m still on the Primacy HP’s which I love for the driving I’m doing (so many cheap used spares I bought a second set). I like the playfulness at lower speeds, predictable, communicative and reliable.

In the future I could see myself signing up for an occasional track day here and there but at the moment I’m more interested racking up canyon miles first, maybe doing car control events and getting driver coaching second with open track days/HPDE being a distant 3rd.

Thoughts on next step setup suggestions?
TwinFTW is offline   Reply With Quote