View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 08:20 PM   #35
Btborja

Drives: 2013 Scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
I've actually replaced all four of my OCV solenoids as I found that one of them was leaking oil out from the connector terminals. There are different versions of these solenoids depending upon year of the vehicle and some have been upgraded to address the oil leaking issues. Different existing part numbers are replaced with different new part numbers. There is TSB from Subaru on this which you can Google that has a chart to help identify the old part numbers and subsequent replacement part numbers for each of the identified groups of model years.

However, I need to tell you that when replaced mine with the updated parts, I was not required to do anything different in the way of programming in a different CAL ID ROM. The new oil control valve solenoids just worked out of the box.

When you broke them, could you have possibly shorted out the harness side of the plug pins possibly doing damage to the ECU or hopefully just confusing it? If you suspect that might be the case, what you could try first is to disconnect the negative cable from your battery and then short that negative cable to the positive terminal to drain any static voltage that may remain, then reconnect the negative terminal to the battery and try starting it again. This may help to reset the ECU and possibly get it firing in the proper sequence again. This may not help, but it won't hurt to try.

As for logging, there are several choices available. Personally, since I'm doing all of my flashing at home and getting remote tuning done, I'm using EcuTek to log, but this requires a substantial investment.
I can definitely give it a shot. Unfortunately im at a shit point in my life and can’t afford to get it at this moment. I’ll definitely get it figured out soon haha
Btborja is offline   Reply With Quote