msaikhan

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Okaaaa (bolded part) -

(sorry - me)

That's a tough call. Just because one dealership's (service writer) quoted you a non necessary charge, doesn't mean that their technicians aren't qualified to do the recall work.

Assuming you are planning to have the recall work done, I hear your question is - when (sooner or later)?

When discussing the procedure with the service writer (better yet the service manager) I would suggest you ask how many recalls have they done and how many cars had to be returned for further work?

If you feel comfortable with the service managers answer, you may wish go ahead and have the work done, especially if the re-registration of your car in Texas depends upon the recall work being completed.

On one hand the sooner you have the work done, the sooner that this situation will be resolved (peace of mind). On the other hand, holding off a while may give the dealerships more time to become more experienced/trained to successfully complete the work.

So, since my FR-S is under the recall, what am I going to do? I'm going to hold off for a while, in order for the manufacturer to refine the procedures and dealerships to gain more experience. Then again, I may never have the recall work done, for fear of them messing up a perfectly good running car?

When and if I have the work done, I will "interview" the service manager. Then request to speak with the tech that will be assigned to work on my car. If I feel comfortable with the attitude of the service manager and feel comfortable with the technicians knowledge and attention to detail (gut feeling), I will proceed to have them do the recall work.

What to do? Like they say in the Army, "it depends upon the situation".

humfrz

I wouldn't trust the service manager. He will say all the right things but when things go wrong, they are super quick to shift blame. The service manager at my dealer never picks up phone calls and don't call back but when i went in to see him, he was just playing on his phone.
msaikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msaikhan For This Useful Post:
humfrz (03-04-2019), mswbrz (03-04-2019)