View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 10:09 AM   #35
PBR

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited 6 speed manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennlistuser3 View Post
but isn't weight itself feedback on its own?

I mean cars with no power steering are touted having superior feedback yet they can be really heavy for it.

I know some manufacturers just artificially include a heavy steering wheel just make you believe you are having more feedback but I never felt the 1st gen FT86 was among them. The heaviness to me is real feedback.

I was reaching a bit after a few. It wasn't. And steering feel is one of the things that sold me on the car despite disliking the characteristics of the engine. Just sold a GLA 250. It's like a hot hatch on stilts. Sort of. DCT. It has artificially heavy steering with little feedback. So I don't believe weight is necessarily a form of feedback unless it's actually adding to the experience. This was taking away. And on the flip side I had an EVO X. Light steering that had a very quick ratio. The thing just darted in. Because it's hiding a 3600 lbs sedan with heavy front weight bias. I also found the Evora to have better steering feel over both my Elises despite the Elises having much heavier steering and a manual rack. My only complaint about the new car's steering is that, initially it doesn't weigh up as nicely. But after that, I find more feedback, precision and consistency. But I'd really love to get 2, stock, side by side and truly compare. Or get a definitive answer from a Subaru engineer.
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PBR For This Useful Post:
rennlistuser3 (06-29-2022)