funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDGriptonia View Post
Hi all,

long time lurker since the EBSC came out. My 15 BRZ is itching for a power mod that is worth the money (100% stock). Out of all the FI kits i have researched the Edelbrock is the only one that really speaks to me - never liked turbos much after my WRXs. My BRZ is my daily and i know the idea of FI for a daily for some is not ideal. Many of you on the form seem to be doing this without severe complaints or issues so far which is encouraging - i know there is no guarantee with FI.

Anyways, a few questions for those of you that have had the chargers for a while now:
-Looking back, would you do it again? What would you do differently at first? Buy D Box, D Tune, custom tune, anscillary mods like headers, etc.
-How has engine reliability been and what's your mileage with the kit? anyone experience the dreaded P0016-0019 codes? In other words, any cam issues?
-Does anyone in the SF Bay area know a current installer in the south bay (closer to south west - I'm in Santa Cruz and we have no tuners over here. a few performance shops)

My thoughts are to terminate my extended warranty and put that towards the SC, and at my savings rate should be good around October this year. Starting to make plans now and im excited!

Any thoughts, personal experiences and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Neil at The Racer's Line is a certified Edlebrock dealer/installer IIRC. He does great work on our cars. It's a couple of hours away from you, but I think it would be worth it.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
BBDGriptonia (04-07-2017)