View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 08:54 PM   #177
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
K24 Turbo swap has been done. See sig for swap build, but I’ll add some pics. Overall, I am happy with the setup, but as surprising as it is to say after having owned several boosted cars including two MKIV Supras, I think my Harrop SC converted me from team turbo to team supercharger. I use to like turbo spool and blowoff valve noises, and I liked turbos causing a surge in torque, but now I realize how much I prefer the throttle response of a supercharger and NA feel, and what’s more, there is still excellent exhaust noise. They say there is no replacement for displacement, and maybe I need to get into a V8 and see if that will convert me. In the end, weight and revs matter, so a small displacement supercharged engine might be better, especially because there isn’t any high displacement small vehicles, except for a swapped 86/Miata, Jannarelly and Lotus Exige. The Emira could be a future buy.

Besides that, my Braille battery is finally on its last leg. I bought a Shorai 4.5lb battery with 550 CCA, and it installed well and fires up real strong. I don’t think I will need a trickle charger like I needed with the Braille battery, but I’ll have to see. The other mod I never mentioned was swapping out the old custom badges for new badges. I got the Japanese rising sun to match my steering wheel emblem. I encased that one in resin. The fronts came bare from Pete on Instagram. I sanded them thinner and added a recession for the carbon fiber backing like before. Then I painted and encased them in resin like the previous set. Honda H for the new motor and T3Q for the Toyota rear.
Attached Images

DarkSunrise (06-26-2022), jongers (06-26-2022), Petah78 (06-24-2022), RedReplicant (06-24-2022), villainous_frx (06-24-2022)