View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 PM   #2
FeRS
bruh

Drives: Raven 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I guess I'll update this thread. Lots of progress since my last post, I know you're all happy to hear. Figured out a lot of the math and how shim stacks work. I'm updating the first post as I go with more information. I currently have a set of Megan EZ Street coilovers sitting all opened up I'm working on (good god this is a long process, everything is threaded on so tight. Also FYI shock fluid smells disgusting, I don't recommend opening your shocks up).

This is what I'm aiming for:
FRONT 4k @ 1.74hz: 40.79lbs/in/s (crit)
REAR 5k @ 1.64 hz: 54.27lbs/in/s (crit)
OR
REAR 4.5k @ 1.56 hz: 51.48lbs/in/s (crit) (if i can grab some 4.5k swifts, they seem harder to find)

I might do 5k front 6k rear, which is closer to a 2hz front 1.85hz rear setup, it just depends on how the shim stacks dyno. Shim arrangements are much less of a science than I thought. I guess I could use Restackor but I'm cheap and lazy so Bilstein PDF guessing will do for now... (actually dyno time is expensive, maybe i will get Restackor, who knows)

I can upload some cool pictures in the coming days that show how your damping adjusters work and what's inside of BC/Megan coilovers (they seem to be very similar, not sure if BC is worth the price honestly. Just my speculation though).

Last edited by FeRS; 08-14-2019 at 01:01 AM.
FeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FeRS For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-12-2019), strat61caster (08-12-2019)