Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moliver View Post
You think its worth the money for that Ace 250?
BT hit the nail on the head - the ace headers are one of the best on the market, but there are other premium headers out there that don't quite get all the hype but perform nearly as well. I run a P&L EL long tube header and it's amazing. Big surge of power where the torque dip used to be, and a nice surge above 5500 as well. Sounds great, great build quality, option for a cat, and you can probably pick one up used from the classifieds for around 400-500 shipped. Tomei is another good brand that gives great performance with less investment, although I think I'd still prefer the long tube design of the P&L I have. Also Tomei had both EL and URL options - if you prefer the UEL sound then that might be a good option. Open flash header is another good UEL option for reasonable money.

If I were you,I'd go header and tuning first. Then if you want to run e85 all the time you just need to have a tune for both and switch. If you tune with an OFT, the tunes are free for both pump and E85. If you want to go flex fuel you can do that later for convenience. You can put the extra money into other things like rear diff upgrades, suspension upgrades, starter budget for FI

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote