View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #53
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Future Owner View Post
Understood. It's terrific that the twins are so well supported by the aftermarket. However, aftermarket solutions add to the total cost of ownership and can sometimes affect the warranty and/or emissions regulations.

1. The twins are not a very common a car. Where can one typically rent one other than perhaps a dealer?

2. Is there a torque dip solution that won't affect the warranty or emissions testing and that won't increase the cabin noise level or attract unwanted attention due to a loud exhaust system?
3. How much should I budget for such a solution?

Thanks
Perhaps us folk from the land down under have it a little better than others https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/pr...adrenaline.jsp

You realize there is nothing broken about the car? Hundreds of thousands of people from around the world drive the car stock and are totally satisfied.

I care about factory warranty, but still viewed all the mods in my signature as having negligible impact on it and some change the handling, throttle response and improve acceleration, but introduce no added emissions or NVH. At the end of the day any mod can effect your factory warranty. If still wanting to go ahead and mod anyway then its a game of performing due diligence around what impact a mod will have on the car's reliability and if it's worth the risk of making it. For instance I will not touch the ECU so flashing is out of the question. This, by extension, rules out going for headers, which remove the torque dip. Risks with moding can also be mitigated by having professionals install the top quality parts you purchase.

Everyone's view on acceptable risk is different, but at the end of the day if this is going to be a daily driver then wait for the MY17 cars and just buy the latest most up to date iteration and enjoy it as is. It has quite a few updates over the past releases and will likely keep you happy for the handful of years its covered by warranty.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
FR-S Future Owner (06-25-2016), Mr.Impreza (06-25-2016), Tcoat (06-26-2016)