Old 05-14-2021, 08:37 AM   #20
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Eh, it can be viewed a number of ways. The way I look at it is this isn't the only petition that exists that desires the same thing for its hobby or activity, this one is simply adding to the pile showing that people in Ontario are not happy. Look at 'OTA' (Ontario Tennis Association lol).

If we simply sit on our hands and do nothing, we'll continue to end up with strange choices being made by the government that no one will support and all anyone will do is whine about it endlessly. This goes for the whole of Ontario, not just pseudo racers with a selfish agenda.

From my perspective, there is a bigger picture, even if these people are rallying behind the wrong reason or voice, I think this can get a pass.

Don't even get me started on boomers and the wealthy and their lasting effect on the housing market.
The Boomers and domestic wealthy have very little to do with the current situation on the housing market. Whole blocks are being bought up by offshore investment companies for stupid high amounts and it is this more than anything else that is forcing prices up.
It is sort of confusing that in Canada people born up to 1964 are even considered "Boomers" in the first place. Anybody that still owns homes or has money will fall into the very tail end of that classification. In reality the "Boomers" here should stop at people born around 1955. Those of us at the tail end of the generation ended up with most of the bad things (decreasing pension funds, the reputation for having an easy time) and very few of the good (walk into a lifelong well paying job, cheap education, low property values, etc.). We are far far closer to what would be called Gen X in the US than we ever were to the Baby Boomers there.
Lynxis (05-17-2021)