Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Disclaimer: I have signed the petition. I am also part of PADA (who started the petition) and I am also the CASC-OR Time Attack Director.

That said, the petition makes me kinda pause... on one hand, it seems somewhat out of touch while I see small businesses collapse and here's a bunch of "racers" who want to race circles around the track. Its somewhat tone-deaf to that side of things though you can always argue that the tracks also support a lot of small businesses.

Also, while the driving itself is isolated, the paddock and the car culture thing these days are viewed very negatively with people tending to gather to talk about cars and stuff. That alone, scientifically, would raise alarms as a huddle is something everyone should be avoiding.

On the other hand, there have been ZERO cases of transmission of Covid at a motorsports event based on what we ran in 2020. Granted, that was before we had the new variants but still. ZERO.

So, I'm kinda torn but still signed it.
Eh, it can be viewed a number of ways. The way I look at it is this isn't the only petition that exists that desires the same thing for its hobby or activity, this one is simply adding to the pile showing that people in Ontario are not happy. Look at 'OTA' (Ontario Tennis Association lol).

If we simply sit on our hands and do nothing, we'll continue to end up with strange choices being made by the government that no one will support and all anyone will do is whine about it endlessly. This goes for the whole of Ontario, not just pseudo racers with a selfish agenda.

From my perspective, there is a bigger picture, even if these people are rallying behind the wrong reason or voice, I think this can get a pass.

Don't even get me started on boomers and the wealthy and their lasting effect on the housing market.