View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #15
Atropine

Drives: 2021 Toyota Supra 2020 4Runner
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
It's been 7 years since you joined the forum and those cars predecessors have been available for the entire time (ND for almost five years now) and you still bought none of them.

I had a 2013 BRZ, then my Grandfather gave me his British Racing Green 1991 Miata that I had been eyeing since I was 11 years old.
I then sold the BRZ because I didn't really have a need for both (had a 4Runner as well) and I had limited parking space...lived in Tacoma, WA in a neighborhood that had an HOA (never again!)

He then passed away, and the car serves as a reminder of him.

I have now bought a new 4Runner and finally had the ability to pay cash for a new car (but I didn't because they gave me $1000 back to finance for 6 months). But thie thing has 2k miles and I owe like $3k on it...will pay off in April when I am allowed.

I recently bought a new house that has a HUGE shop that has a lift and everything. I can now store the old Miata and a new sports without being bent out of shape because it won't stay detailed.

I did have a Cayman S during this time..its CEL came on a few times and I unloaded it because it scared me.

I think I want more performance than a 1991 Miata, but still have rock solid reliability that won't bankrupt me if something happens (though I still love Porsches and want a 911 really really bad too).

Anyway I made this thread a celebration about the Miata RF (always wanted a hard top Miata), the announcement of the new Z car (I had a Nismo 350Z that I enjoyed) and a new BRZ (I only had mine for about 9 months before I got my Miata).

I just think its great to have more options. Seems like sports cars are making a comeback (I consider the Mustang and Camaro and Challenger more of pony or muscle cars).

EDIT: and random videos on youtube make me want an 80s sports car like a C4 Corvette or 300ZX...
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
Stonehorsw (11-23-2020), strat61caster (11-23-2020), Tcoat (11-23-2020)