Old 02-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #154
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
The Drivers Edge always has a super packed schedule and they really care about the education part of hpde. You will not find any other group that provides as much in-car instruction at different levels of run groups. It is sometimes annoying, but you will appreciate it later on, and you can always mix in running with other hpde providers for more solo time. For a more relaxed weekend, I recommend Chin Track Days, and they will pair you with Joe if you request it.

I really liked having an instructor in the car with me every time I went out. It's one thing I really appreciated with The Driver's Edge, and I confirmed I can do the same in the blue group so I am okay with being moved up. It's one concern I had with some other orgs is that if I get placed above beginner you only get part time instruction. I may check out Chin as I heard good things from several attendees there as well, however it looks like TDE mostly goes to the tracks I want to be on in Texas anyway (MSR Cresson, MSR Houstin, and ECR). I don't want to go on COTA due to their exorbitant fees if anything happens.

I don't think I'll be able to do Cresson 3.1 next month, at this point, but I'm going to try to do NASA at ECR in April and then see if I can do ECR again with TDE in May. That'd be three HPDEs on the same track (and ECR is butter baby bottom smooth right now!!! ), and in between I can go to H2R to keep myself in the right frame of mind. This year could really be a huge jump in my driver skill if my work schedule doesn't ruin my plans.

If you happen to be planning to go to any events @Code Monkey, will you ping me on the forums and I'd love to meet up and hang out while there.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (02-25-2020)