View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 12:07 AM   #144
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm way behind on many things, but I wanted to share an update. I've scheduled my first track day of 2020. I'll be joining Driver's Edge for a two-day HPDE at the newly reopened Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur, TX (up by DFW) at the end of February. I already booked it and my hotel and a new set of tires arrived today from Tire Rack. I'll be running one set of wheels with Hankook RS4s and the other set with Dunlop Z3s.

Additionally before I go, I'll have wired in my Chillout Systems driver cooling unit, my track box and switch plate, and have received my new fully custom titanium nomex racing suit from Simpson, as well as the Hybrid S and gloves, etc I ordered. I should be fully kitted to have a good safe time. I requested Joe, who is actually a forum member here, as my instructor as I know he instructs for Driver's Edge and has a similar suspension setup on his car to what I have on mine.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track. A little birdie also told me that Harris Hill is going to resurface the whole track later this year. So maybe it won't be a bump-fest.

After I get a few more things done I'll update with some better pictures again.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-17-2020), new2subaru (02-20-2020), Racecomp Engineering (01-23-2020)