Old 08-30-2018, 01:05 PM   #60
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkharmony View Post
As a motorcycle rider, this is my greatest fear. Riding is twice as dangerous now as it was pre-cel phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
This is why I am so grateful for lane splitting in California. Even when I'm first at a light I prefer to stay in between two lanes. Granted I would never use my bike to commute unless it was absolutely necessary, but when I'm on my way to my favorite roads I'm always on edge so it helps lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
How does splitting lanes prevent a distracted idiot on her cell phone from change lanes right into your path?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
There is no perfect solution (other than staying home), but being plowed into and pinned between two cars is one less thing to worry about. That's the benefit. There are still plenty of ways to die on a motorcycle, or a car for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
That would be my question also. It would seem to me that if you are in between two vehicles, each one of them about 2 feet away from you, that your chances of being squished by a distracted driver would be greater.-

humfrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbaker View Post
https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/06/0...s-rider-saftey

Riders splitting lanes are significantly less likely to be rear ended, the most common type of distracted driving accident.

Not trying to get too off topic but, as a motorcyclist, lane splitting is something I'd like to see become legal nationwide since all data suggests that, when done responsibly, it is safer for riders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
He did in fact make the first mention of lane splitting.

Ummm no. He didn't even make the top five.
bkharmony (08-30-2018), qcbaker (08-30-2018)