View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #20
Shark_Bait88

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
I guess depending on what region you're in track day insurance may vary quite a bit. Last time I looked into it it would have cost me $350 for a lapping day.

Is oil temp available only if you get the paid version of the torque app? I have Torque Lite for now and I don't see it.
How much were you valuing your car at including mods? Also, which insurance company and track? I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if certain tracks increase coverage cost more than others based on risk. I wonder if organization factors in too, if you happen to run with a group that statistically has more incidents than others.

My first track day, with my car valued at $20.5k w/ mods, was at Road America and cost $192.46 after all the fees ($172 premium).

A later event, with my car valued at $14.3k w/ mods, at Autobahn Country Club was $169.50 after all the fees ($145 premium).

I also purchased a 6 event multi-pack, with the car valued at $23k w/ mods, that worked out to $139.77 per event.

If you know you're going to be doing a lot of events, the multi-pack is definitely the way to go. Also, do as many multi-day events as possible. The policies are based per event, not per day. So a 2-3 day event is getting you a lot more coverage for your money.

(All of my policies were through Lockton. I'd now shop around with Hagerty and others for the best deal)

It's available on Torque Lite. You have to add a new measurement, select the type of dial/graph you want to use, and then select Engine Oil Temperature.