View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 12:58 PM   #1237
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Threw on SPC 81305 camber bolts over the weekend. Swapped the lower bolts into the top holes for additional camber. Couple of notes:

- The SPC bolts I used were brand new but I couldn’t seat the nuts by hand. There was a ton of resistance in the first 1/3 of the thread (estimate around 10 ft-lbs to spin it through with a socket wrench). It took so much force the nuts actually heated up. It loosened up progressively after that towards the middle of the thread and took the full 97 ft-lbs so I’m not too worried. I had a set of SPC upper bolts on my 1st gen and didn’t run into this issue. Strange.

- I used a 3mm spacer in the front to try to clear my Apex ARC-8’s (17x9 +42; 235/40/17) on stock suspension. Clearance was fine but I only got 4.5 full turns on the lug nuts. I tried my Wedssport TC105n (17x8 +42; 235/40/17) and got 7.5 turns on the nuts. I guess the Apex wheels have a thicker center plate, not sure. Given this, I’ll probably switch to a single camber bolt + Pedders camber top hat in the future to fit my Apex wheels.

-Spacers were from Stancemagic (don’t laugh). Only ~$20 on Amazon and they’re hubcentric. Pretty good quality, no vibrations I could feel up to around 85 mph.

- The amount of camber from this setup is pretty impressive. Visually it looks close to the -2.8 degrees I was running on my 1st gen. I’d estimate somewhere between -2 to -2.5 degrees. My understanding is that toe doesn’t change in the front much with camber, so will probably drive like this for a while and see how it feel before aligning it.
Attached Images

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote