View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #281
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Carvana

I don't know if it's worth mentioning since they aren't really a dealership and don't provide service. But Carvana was pretty great when it came to purchasing my 18 BRZ and trading my old car. I had a 2013 6-speed manual Mazda 3 iGT, with almost 90k miles on it, and they gave me a pretty good deal. Almost $9,000 for trade in, which was around the same that KBB places the car at for value. No hidden fees from Carvana and the process is pretty straight forward, save some money on dealership fees is a big plus. You can't bargain, but there are other ways to save money, like getting referred by a friend which is exactly what I did. 500$ off right there.
Ordered the car a Friday night and I was taking delivery on it the following Friday. Car was detailed, full tank, and recently serviced. I've had a couple of questions for their C.S dept ( Slow DMV Registration process) and they have been amazing, little longer wait times but it is expected due to current circumstances.

You get one week to test drive it and decide whether to keep it or not.
I got plenty of the manufacturer warranty plus what Carvana offers as their basic warranty so I'm pretty well covered.

I guess the only con about purchasing from them is that you can't service it with them, and you don't get some goodies like Sirius XM /Starlink and the ability to choose a trim or options (New car) like you would in a dealership even you buy it used. I don't care for those things since I got my phone for music and navigation. I just wanted a BRZ even it was the most basic trim.

Overall I highly recommend them and they are perfect if you don't feel like dealing with a slimy car sales rep. Just keep it mind that if you see a car that you like, and don't act fast, someone else will and it locks the vehicle until they either drop out, or their 24 hour timer runs out. But you can set email notifications for when the car you want becomes available.