Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #29639
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
My least favorite thing is that it's obviously an attempt at a content aggregator site with top 10 listicles. Buzzfeed and all of the other content "aggregators" do this all of the time. Since these articles are really just marketing exercises, there's no element of timeliness or a standard editorial point of view - they could just as easily republish the list in a different order in a couple of weeks as "Top 9 reasons," or "5 Things," etc...

They choose their content based on marketing parameters - so for instance, we have a listicle on Toyota. It's then easy to sell advertising for Toyota ads, or car parts, because people who are inclined to read an article about Toyota are either Toyota owners, or interested in Toyota.

Top it all off with the most pandering article titles, and you'll understand why I never use Facebook. "You won't believe these 10 things about Toyota!"
"She Bought a Toyota. You won't believe what happens next."

tl;dr: baiters gonna bait.
The sad part is that it works so well for all different groups. No secret that I despise most blogs and click baits for the misinformation they spread yet I still go to them just to see what sort of crap they are spewing. My anti site click is still a point for them and they will make some cash from it. This of course causes them to create even more bullshit and so on. I am part of the problem and know it!