Old 09-27-2021, 01:21 PM   #169
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
Thanks for the guide! Just so we are on the same page, I have a OEM Audio + (Reference 450Q) system. Will your guide still apply? Also will I retain the use of the factory mic and backup camera?

https://oemaudioplus.com/wp-content/...EF450Q_Web.pdf

As far as I know, you will be the first person to attempt to install a Harman head unit into a pre-'19 vehicle with the OEM Audio+ system. Using the harness that I designed for people to build in order to re-integrate their OEM door speaker amplifiers into their '19 and up vehicles, electrically, it should work perfectly fine since it only makes a change to how the head unit turns on your amplifier(s). However, reading through the installation instructions that you provided the link for, the DSP built into your add-on amplifier was tuned to only four different head units:

1) the Pioneer Standard Radio (PT546-00120) using the "Natural" sound setting,

2) the Scion Display Audio (PT296-00140) using the "Natural" sound setting

3) the Pioneer Premium Radio (PT546-00121) using the "Natural" sound setting,

4) and the Fujitsu Ten (FA601US) with the ASL setting set to "Off" and the "EQ Settings" set to "Flat"

The DSP built into the amplifier corrects the input signals of those four head units before making its own equalization, crossover and time alignment adjustments and outputting those altered signals to their individual drivers and/or amplifiers. I suspect you will have no issues but you may want to contact OEM Audio+ to inquire where you should leave the settings of your Harman head unit. It may even be necessary for them to re-tune the amplifier DSP settings to match the Harman head unit.

As for integrating the factory mic and back up camera, again, you'll be the first test subject so I can't make a comment on that, but I suspect you will have no issues there as well.

It will definitely be an interesting project. I say go for it!

EDIT: On second thought, I believe that the display output from the back up camera may have been moved from the head unit to the rear-view mirror on the '19 and up models with the Harman head units, so you may have to figure that issue out on your own or with help from another member here.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.

Last edited by FR-S2GT86; 09-27-2021 at 01:39 PM.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote