Old 09-13-2021, 09:31 PM   #945
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I think its perfectly acceptable to have the "vaccine or tested weekly option". I also think it is reasonable to have the employee pay for their own tests.
I think it would be reasonable to have the employee pay for their own test twice a week in lieu of a vaccine, but the other problem is having people quarantine. They may not be able to return to work, but there is little stopping them from defying their quarantine orders. We call people up all the time to tell them their test came back positive, and we say they need to quarantine, but more than you can image say, 'yeah, whatever'. I've read about arrests for people who refuse to quarantine, but I think the figure is far higher, especially among extended family and friends. I also think there is a far greater burden on employers and the healthcare system and insurers/government to have people test twice a week than to get a vaccine, so there would need to be a significant share of the cost going to the employee that goes beyond the cost of the tests.
Dadhawk (09-14-2021), soundman98 (09-13-2021)