View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 03:41 PM   #4412
grippgoat

Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
The Cusco upper arms use a hardened rubber bushing (I'd rather a spherical but that's better than poly IMO).
Interesting. I'll have to take a closer look at them. They came with the car when I bought it.

Quote:
The STI trailing arm is a nice simple piece with a good quality bearing. I use it and combined with the MCA traction mod it's a really nice upgrade. Cusco make a nice trailing arm if you want adjustability.
I was thinking I'd probably end up with SPL if I do trailing arms, because I'm using their stuff for most other things (Rear LCA, rear toe links w/ lockout, front arms, and front outer tie rods). The STI part isn't much cheaper. But I probably won't mess with the trailing arm unless I get a traction mod, which could be a while. MCA isn't available, and GKTech I'm not sure if it's a good design.

Quote:
Going to more pillowball bushings can feel pretty good. It'll ask more of your dampers but it reduces bind in your suspension. They get a bad rap sometimes, but that's often because of poor quality bearings. In some cases, they can improve ride quality.
Hopefully my MCS 2WNR can handle it. My concern was more about whether the geometry of so many links interacting _requires_ some flex somewhere in order to not just completely lock up and stop moving.

Quote:
Anyway, I stay away from polyurethane in most cases and I'm careful to only use pillowballs that have enough articulation and use a good quality bearing.
Yeah, poly is a last resort for me. The Turnin Concepts stuff I had on my 05 STI wasn't too bad. But all the SuperPro and Whiteline stuff I've had on multiple cars has been a bit sus.

So far, I've liked what I've seen from the SPL parts. The rod ends are huge and nice and tight. And I really like the clamp locks on the turnbuckles. It doesn't tend to shift things like jam nuts do, which makes it very easy to get the setting right, and then lock it down without changing the setting or messing up the alignment of the rod ends.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grippgoat For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (01-07-2024)