View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 05:47 PM   #248
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
nikitopo, while I find the alignment of hard points interesting visually, your negative take on the lowered overall height is a very strong reason that YOU should not consider buying one. Imagine, blaming it on misleading marketing. lol
The car IS lower, that has nothing to do with marketing and everything to do with how high the garage door needs to be in order to not hit the highest point.
No offense, but stick to math if thats your forte. Marketing not so much.
It's a fair critique. If the sole reason for the car being .4" lower is because the shark fin moved or is shorter, then that would be genuinely silly (but not especially surprising) marketing speak.

The OP is not saying that's where they found the .4", just that it's a possibility.

Honestly, even I'm not quite that cynical though. I don't think height is measured that way. I don't think they included the original rubber antenna in the 1st gen's official height measurement either.

That being said, that might be noticeable in one big way - I'm already brushing the ceiling in my helmet. Hopefully the half inch isn't lost inside the cabin.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote