HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
My wife refuses to try out my sim but sims are terrible at replicating manuals anyways. All of them suck at it, rF2, iRacing, AC, etc.
well yes, no sim/video game gearbox can replicate the actual clutch & gearbox feel, but it is to understand the basics and getting used to the pattern and rhythm of shifting without fucking up a car. I've taught quite a number of my friends, and with a couple of them I am so glad we started learning with a PC sim otherwise I would have a really sore gearbox.. nothing wrong with your woman not wanting to drive a stick, shouldn't be a deal breaker especially if they love sports cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
But with the AT in manual mode you can redline in every gear. So you basically do whatever the MT does without a clutch. So power is not an issue any more than a manual. Or leave it in AT, the tranny is not that bad on its own. It can shift too fast from a light, but put your foot down more and it gets solved. For my commute, I am mostly in AT, but on the weekend on some twisties I do both. To be honest the AT works well, only a few hiccups. No big deal I am not racing anyone.
eh, yes it isn't like you're losing much power choosing AT but the way power is delivered through on a twin with a MT feels pretty quite different than a twin with an AT and my butt dyno is definitely able to feel able to feel the difference in torque..MT feels like it has more accessible torque even if we take clutch kicks and dumping for launches out of the question.

the only benefit here is convenience..
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote