View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #108
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
I believe you're right. My reasoning going with the Yoks was they're the grippiest and it doesn't make any rational sense that camber is going to make one tire better than another.

Kinda like, low camber Yoks in theory, should be better than low camber Falkens... if in fact the Yoks are a grippier compound. But that's not what the real world results are showing. In actual application, the Yoks are probably magical if you're running STX, -4 degrees up front, stiff suspension. I think the soft sidewall as something to do with it and Yok might deform enough under heavy loads without camber that you actually put less tire to the ground. Only a theory, but that would explain it.
Its not a theory, its pretty much what it is. Each tire has a certain camber setting for each car at which it works best. Some have very little variation between good and bad camber, some have huge ones (like the yokos). Yokos on little camber will be slower than falken 660T or RE71R or rivals S. Its probably in the sidewall and tire construction overall. Its just a matter of either setting up the car for the tire you want to run, or running the tire that works best with the car setup you are allowed within the regulations you run.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Icecreamtruk For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (08-05-2021)