Old 07-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
14stu

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
Headin out to the track this weekend and wanted to know if people running these tires have any thoughts on what kind of cold pressures the Falken RT615K+ like on the road course. I dont have a pyrometer so never an idea of what mine have been getting up to...

Thanks.
I run 255/40-17 Falkens on my STX prepped BRZ, they seem to be happy in the low to mid 30's hot. I usually start with cold pressures of about 28psi (I run the fronts 1-2psi higher than the rears). Later sessions the tires usually start to retain some heat and they don't gain quite as much pressure.

I check the pressures in the pits and make sure they're even side to side (usually tracks favor one side or the other). The Falkens seem to be relatively forgiving with pressures though, you have to get them under 25psi or close to 40psi before they really start to get unhappy.

If they aren't making noise, you aren't driving them hard enough. When you get to the limit, they sing.

I really like them for track tires, they're 1-2s slower than an RE71 but they feel good and last.
14stu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 14stu For This Useful Post:
wparsons (07-22-2018)