View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
Glitchy86

Drives: Red 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
I only see a ~$200 price difference, but hey. Both are, by all accounts, really good wheels. I believe the 57CR are heavier, which may be a good thing for your goal. Either are excellent.

The other thing to remember is that, when you get into racing, wheels become a wear item. You hit curbs, rumble strips, etc. and over time they wear out. Sometimes less time. Bending a wheel means it's not garbage; the cheap stuff cracks or shatters. Another wheel to consider on a bit more of a budget is the 949 6ul. A bit heavier build than the RPF1. You'll still bend it on a hard curb hit (honestly, you're likely to bend any wheel if it's hard enough).

I run TC105n (note, the TC105x is the new version of this... anything 'n' is old stock, if it's actually even in stock...) and 6ul. Prefer the look of the Weds, but from inside the car I can't see that...
I'm not thinking about racing coz we don't have racing tracks where I live which sucks. I'm just afraid to fuck my wheels in a potholes the most. Coz we have some shitty potholes where I live.

I got a deal on the 57CR in ceramic white for 1400$ in the other hand the Weds cost about 1780$. I'm trying to get the price for the Weds to match the 57CR.

I live in Saudi Arabia and the shipping will cost me so much money that's why I wanna be sure whichever wheel I get will be durable coz I can't afford to ship a fucked up wheel that is under warranty back to the US to get it replaced.

Never thought picking a wheel will be so damn hard lol.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Glitchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glitchy86 For This Useful Post:
cjd (07-29-2019)