Old 07-20-2019, 01:20 AM   #431
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiRokuX View Post
Also, it really puts the BMW Supra in a weird spot, imo. It’s gonna be extremely hard to justify it over the new Corvette for a lot of people. That said, I bet this will be a bit like a Porsche where the “base” model is extremely basic and the options you REALLY want add up to an extra $10,000-$15,000. Plus, I’m sure we’ll see a Z06 model etc at $100k+ which obviously may put this car in a different price bracket.

Essentially, the Supra pricing ends where the new Corvette begins but no one is gonna see it that way.
The B58 needs more time to be proven like the 2jz did. It is a closed deck block with more strength (they claim) than the 2jz, while being a lighter block made of a unique aluminum alloy. If this holds true then the Supra could be a tuners car, where we see applications of large turbos and high boost, filling the gap in performance and cost for cheap power gains. The Corvette on the other hand has all the trunk space in the world for twin turbos, but that will come with much more cost. I could see the Supra holding its own among enthusiasts, but we will have to see. The Corvette is definitely an impressive value. We will have to see if this DCT can hold the power.
HachiRokuX (07-20-2019)