Old 08-09-2020, 11:39 PM   #110
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatcat View Post
Flashed the E85 tune this weekend. First day I didn't notice much difference as I was taking it easy, but I did notice at low RPMs the car felt a little bit lighter, almost like it's more aerodynamic. I can actually pass in 6th gear on the highway now. I have UEL uncatted header and with E85 engine seems to sound a little smoother and exhaust sounds a little quieter.

Second day after the fuel trims have stablized I topped up the E85 and hit the canyons. It didn't feel like night and day difference but it was definitely very noticeable. The engine is now more eager and better matched for the handling of this car. Car no longer feels it is handicapped by the engine. Downshifts and rev matching is a bit faster and more precise. Did some pulls against my S2000 with wife behind the wheel and it's neck and neck.

Do you mean after a few tanks of E85. Switch tune back to 91 and run a tank of 91 then switch tune back to E85?
Yeah some people suggest running a tank of 91 every once in a while because its supposed to contain higher levels of detergents. Not sure it's necessary but can't hurt either.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
why? (08-16-2020)