View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 08:20 PM   #109
bigfatcat

Drives: gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashed the E85 tune this weekend. First day I didn't notice much difference as I was taking it easy, but I did notice at low RPMs the car felt a little bit lighter, almost like it's more aerodynamic. I can actually pass in 6th gear on the highway now. I have UEL uncatted header and with E85 engine seems to sound a little smoother and exhaust sounds a little quieter.

Second day after the fuel trims have stablized I topped up the E85 and hit the canyons. It didn't feel like night and day difference but it was definitely very noticeable. The engine is now more eager and better matched for the handling of this car. Car no longer feels it is handicapped by the engine. Downshifts and rev matching is a bit faster and more precise. Did some pulls against my S2000 with wife behind the wheel and it's neck and neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
There are some things you can do to be extra cautious. Use a quality SN-rated synthetic oil and change your oil more often. Don't let E85 sit in your car too long and keep your tank full. Run 91 through your car every once in a while.
Do you mean after a few tanks of E85. Switch tune back to 91 and run a tank of 91 then switch tune back to E85?
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote